I like how a simple weekend getaway can serve as a therapeutic escape, like forgetting about life back home. Work. School. People. None of that came into mind while I was out there. All that really mattered was what we were going to eat, where we were going to hit up next and hoping we’d wake up early enough before we thought the day was wasted. When I came home, I remembered it all again. How much work sucked, wondering when I’m going to graduate and stressing out about people in my life. But I guess that doesn’t really matter right now, because no one can truly get away from it all.
But to think a weekend away from here made it seem like nothing mattered at all. That’s a pretty cool thing.
(It’s late, and I’m not sure if this is making any sense)
Posted: May 25th, 2010
Tags: forget everything
Comments: 1 Comment
I’m not a Street Fighter fan, but even I cannot deny the awesomeness that is these fine garments. Hadouken!
More from Hypebeast.
Posted: May 12th, 2010
Categories: Fashion and Art
Tags: street fighter
Comments: 2 Comments
Things that are on my mind right now:
- From what I’m seeing on the twitter feed, the city feels royally bummed out about tonight’s latest debacle. In the past I would be too, but this year I’m feeling pretty numb. I think the loss to Calgary during the 2004 playoffs was the last time I was emotionally connected with the team. After that, I just started to gradually not care. But, on the plus side, my main man Shane O’Brien scored a goal tonight. Mike Gillis, re-sign this man please.
- I don’t like making public very private things, but I will say this: it’s hard not caring, or even pretending not to. In the end I guess I still do care.
- School starts tomorrow and I’m not ready. Even though I’m officially only taking one course and on the wait list for another, it seems like I really need to cut down on the things I have planned for the summer.
- Graduation… how’s that going to work out?
- I can’t wait for Portland. As much as I love Vancouver, I need to get out of this city.
- This summer I will learn ‘Doesn’t Remind Me’ by Audioslave. That song has been bothering me for a long time now. It needs to be learned, but darn it tremelo picking is hard.
- The Fray never get old. Listen to ‘Uncertainty.’ Lovely song.
Posted: May 11th, 2010
Categories: Current Events
, the fray
, vancouver canucks
Comments: 1 Comment