Next up, Nashville Predators.
News for April 2011
Random things that came up these past few weeks:
- I’ve got two more opportunities to jog before the Sun Run this Sunday. After a five week lay-off recovering from an injury, it’s been a little hard. I’ve come close to being pain free for an entire 10k run, but there have been setbacks. The foot feels fine, but for some reason I’m starting to suffer from shin splints, which is weird because I’ve never had them since I was 16. It’s a little discouraging at this point – especially this close to the 17th – but knowing me, that won’t stop me. I’ll probably end up destroying every single bone and muscle in my body just so I can cross that bloody finish line. That’s just how I do things. It’s also how I got hurt in the first place. But then again, that’s what rehab’s for. And the half marathon isn’t until June anyways.
- By the way, the most uplifting song I heard during my jog today: Rebellion (Lies) by Arcade Fire. An oldie, but still a classic. The song starts with what is probably my favourite bass-line in a song and crescendos from there. The song came up on my iPod after giving in to the pain in my shins. From there I picked myself up and started running again. I hope God will kick out the jams like that if I ever feel like giving up on Sunday.
- My co-op semester is almost over and I realized that I won’t be making as much money as I thought I was going to make, which is disappointing. I don’t think there’s a chance I’ll be brought back, since the co-op office has a policy where you can’t work one semester and graduate after that, nor do I think the higher ups will take me anyways (a story for another time). While my savings account has been nicely propped up as well as the expenses for my trip in July have been covered, there isn’t much for other frivolous items I’ve been looking at for a while. Hopefully I’ll be able to land some sort of employment in the summer.
- As stated in my last post, the new Yellowcard album is dope. Yes, it isn’t the most lyrically genius piece of music out there, but gosh darn it it’s Yellowcard. Also, anyone notice that lately there’s just way too much crazy new music out there to digest? My ears haven’t even sampled the new Gaslight Anthem, Dropkick Murphy’s and Travis Barker’s new album.
- These past few months have made me realize how stupid I was trying to accommodate you in my life. I get it, this new found purpose in your life doesn’t involve me. I just wish it didn’t involve the obvious deceit and disrespect that you gave me the whole time we knew each other. I will miss you, but these feelings for you have come and gone. Green Day – Whatsername
- And just to end on a positive note, I will share with you this freakin’ awesome video. Way to go little girl, you rebel you:
Spent a couple of days indulging in Yellowcard’s new album after their two year hiatus. Brilliant album, if not nostalgic. Yeah I know, it’s the kind of stuff teenage girls listen to but if you were to get over yourself you might enjoy some of it. My favourite song so far? Hang You Up. The lyrics in that song are amazing.