You remind Anna if she asks why,
That a thief stole my heart while she was making up her mind.
I heard she lives in Brooklyn with the cool,
Goes crazy over that New York scene on 7th Avenue.
But I used to wait at the diner a million nights without her,
Praying she won’t cancel again tonight.
And the waiter served my coffee with a consolation sigh.
You remind Anna if she asks why.
Tell her it’s all right.
–The Gaslight Anthem ‘Here’s Looking At You Kid’
Posted: November 7th, 2011
, the gaslight anthem
Comments: No Comments
Quick random thoughts before I head off to bed:
- Only one goal this month: survive.
- At this point, it doesn’t seem like I’ll be living a life of stability anytime soon… which is fine. I’ve been living way too comfortably for a long time now. And besides, a little chaos in my life won’t kill me.
- Working your ass off and not getting paid for it sucks, but I guess we all have to pay our dues at some point.
- Granted we all make mistakes, but is each one deserving of forgiveness? My spiritual side tells me yes, but as a human being sometimes the concept is hard to grasp. I guess that’s where faith comes in.
- The only thing that’s really keeping me sane these days are weekends untainted by work and teaching 8 year old kids how to play the guitar. In terms of the later, I never realized how fulfilling and enjoyable it could be. I’m still unsure if teaching is something that’s in my future, but the humanitarianism is appealing. If you’re good with kids, have some time or better yet play an instrument, consider volunteering at the Saint James Music Academy. It is an amazing cause, something I wish I found out much sooner in my life.
- Five months later, I’ve discovered cone-ing. And I really don’t care.
- I wish people blogged more. Come on guys, Twitter and Tumblr – while fun – do not replace it. And please, that tweet you sent to your favourite celebrity telling them how much you love them? Your chances are minimal that it’s going to garner any kind of response from them. Give it up!
- The image this Reddit post links to is not only genuine but true in its observation. Hopefully the next wave after us will learn from our mistakes.
- Do I jump ship from a dragonboat team I’ve been with for 5 years for a more competitive crew, or do I stay with this rag-tag group and hope we rebound from what I thought were two straight sub-par seasons? Physically I feel as if I’m in my prime years and only getting better, and I’d like to compete at a high level while I still have it. At the same time, I consider myself a loyal person. But I guess the determining factor will be whether they really care if I came back or not.
- Foo Fighters – Wheels
Posted: November 2nd, 2011
, herp derp
Comments: 2 Comments