New Gaslight Anthem. July 24th can’t come any sooner.
News for April 2012
This is what I’ve been waiting for
It’s that kind of night…
Haven’t done this in a while…
- It feels nice to be employed and paid for something you did, regardless of whether you were kicking and screaming while doing it or not. I’m not terribly excited about what I’m doing, but it’s still early and it might lead to something exciting down the road, so the way I see it I might as well lay down the foundation and see where it takes me.
- I never thought I’d say this but I’m hoping to get back to school, and if things go well I’ll be hitting the books again starting this fall. There was a period of time after I left school where I was happy to be done with all that schooling and actually start my career, but I guess after some soul searching I realized that there’s the chance that I would never be happy doing something that’s available to me now unless I took a chance and went back. I probably shouldn’t be surprised since I had mixed feelings about graduating last fall. We’ll see what happens.
- Take the time to treasure being around the people you love. I don’t think it’s something many of us do until it’s too late.
- Tomorrow night may possibly be the last game my beloved Canucks play this season, which will cap off one of the most polarizing and disappointing seasons I’ve ever witnessed. From a team that ‘struggled’ to win the Presidents Trophy to potentially being swept by the 8th seed, there’s going to be questions this off season. But I’d rather take an early round exit over a heartbreaking game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals any day. Regardless, I hope my pessimism doesn’t translate into the end of the season for my team.
- Completed the Sun Run this past Sunday and while I’m never content with the results, I was at least relieved that I did it under an hour, something I didn’t do last year. I still rage when I see walkers in front of me. Come on, don’t start in the green zone with your strollers and walking sticks when it’s obvious you’re not going to finish in an hour. I’m especially talking to you, ladies of the Sunshine Walkers Club. Camaaaan.
- Debating on whether to finally take the plunge and get some recording gear. I’ve got some ideas floating around and I’d like to start uploading content onto my pathetic SoundCloud account.
- I can’t wait until Diablo 3 comes out. Playing with random pubs on League of Legends is starting to bum me out.
The House That Heaven Built
Kudos to my amigo Bryan for finally turning me into Japandroids. Their new single is brilliant. And they’re from Vancouver!
And if you’re wondering, yes, I have already pre-ordered the limited edition vinyls for their new album. This just confirms the long standing belief amongst my friends that I am indeed a tool…. but vinyls are cool. Camaaaan!