All I really want out of life is to engage in what I’m passionate about. Music and sports. My career to an extent. And trying to get better as a person, maybe a little wiser by the end of the day. Sometimes that comes at a price with the relationships I have, but I’ve sort of accepted that possibility. It’ll happen, and I guess going down this path you shouldn’t be afraid of that. But it’s dawning on me that I’m not a young man any more. I’m 29 now, but I still feel – and act – as if I’m 25. Things are changing too fast in this life right now, and I’m not sure what the future’s going to look for me.
Posts Tagged ‘random’
Agnes and I started up a new Tumblr blog where we write about all the gross couples things we do together. It's called Mung Mungy, and if you're into reading that sort of stuff then you might like it. So, yeah. Go now.
Sometimes I wish I could just quit my job and do yoga in a misty forest all day. There’s too much concrete and people. Not enough nature, not enough placid thinking alone without the flicker on my monitor telling me to get back to work.
Quick random thoughts before I head off to bed:
- Only one goal this month: survive.
- At this point, it doesn’t seem like I’ll be living a life of stability anytime soon… which is fine. I’ve been living way too comfortably for a long time now. And besides, a little chaos in my life won’t kill me.
- Working your ass off and not getting paid for it sucks, but I guess we all have to pay our dues at some point.
- Granted we all make mistakes, but is each one deserving of forgiveness? My spiritual side tells me yes, but as a human being sometimes the concept is hard to grasp. I guess that’s where faith comes in.
- The only thing that’s really keeping me sane these days are weekends untainted by work and teaching 8 year old kids how to play the guitar. In terms of the later, I never realized how fulfilling and enjoyable it could be. I’m still unsure if teaching is something that’s in my future, but the humanitarianism is appealing. If you’re good with kids, have some time or better yet play an instrument, consider volunteering at the Saint James Music Academy. It is an amazing cause, something I wish I found out much sooner in my life.
- Five months later, I’ve discovered cone-ing. And I really don’t care.
- I wish people blogged more. Come on guys, Twitter and Tumblr – while fun – do not replace it. And please, that tweet you sent to your favourite celebrity telling them how much you love them? Your chances are minimal that it’s going to garner any kind of response from them. Give it up!
- The image this Reddit post links to is not only genuine but true in its observation. Hopefully the next wave after us will learn from our mistakes.
- Do I jump ship from a dragonboat team I’ve been with for 5 years for a more competitive crew, or do I stay with this rag-tag group and hope we rebound from what I thought were two straight sub-par seasons? Physically I feel as if I’m in my prime years and only getting better, and I’d like to compete at a high level while I still have it. At the same time, I consider myself a loyal person. But I guess the determining factor will be whether they really care if I came back or not.
- Foo Fighters – Wheels
Something from somewhere
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.
– John Lennon
I’m at a high right now. Cautious, but still feeling groovy. I just hope it doesn’t end in a crash when that day comes.
Oh wow look, it’s November already. Better get a move on.
Yellowcard – October Nights
She makes me feel like it’s raining outside
I don’t know whether I should be sad about things right now or hopeful that I still have a chance. Sometimes you have to work for someone to notice you I guess.
I wish I were less awkward and more smooth around girls I like. How’d you pull it off Kanye?
I’m listening to Blink 182 more often now. There’s not a heritage concert coming to Vancouver for another decade, nor has there been a new CD released. Looks like Matt’s got his eye on someone again.
While I was listening to Chris Martin
I miss so many things. Like those late nights on the phone until we could barely talk.
I miss my friends. My life is so busy and filled with obstacles, having a normal social life is impossible.
For that same reason I miss my family. On work days I probably only see them for 2 hours at a time.
I miss the feeling of being in love. It’s been so long since I’ve felt it.
I miss you Grandpa. Hope you’re doing well.
I miss those late nights doing nothing but playing guitar. Darn you Xbox 360 and World of Warcraft.
I miss the Warped Tour, some fond memories there. Maybe I can make it this year.
These late nights always bring out the strangest of things. Oh and the Swallowed in the Sea accoustic version is the best live version of a Coldplay song ever. And Spoon’s pretty cool too.
I want attention
I urge you all to sign up for Twitter for constant updates on every move I make in life, from when I go to bed, what I’m reading to the exact moment when I go take a shit. Every move I make is relevant to you, so relevant that you will know all this instantly through your Blackberries, iPhones and iPod Touches and your cell phones. Let me be a part of your daily routine.